This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click a link and purchase an item that I recommend, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own.
In this Cricut EasyPress 2 review, I share all of the pros and cons of having this machine.
I have a Cricut EasyPress 2 machine and a heat press from HeatPressNation, and I use my Cricut EasyPress 2 99% of the time.
I’ve had my Cricut EasyPress 2 machine for over 3 years now and I decided it was time to share my thoughts on the machine and also answer your Cricut EasyPress 2 questions.
I’ve used my Cricut EasyPress 2 machine to make family reunion shirts, drawstring Christmas bags, tank tops for a dancing team, and so many more things.
So, before I jump into the actual Cricut EasyPress 2 review, here’s everything you need to know about the machine.
Jump to Sections in this Post
- What is the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine?
- What are the sizes of the Cricut EasyPress 2 machines?
- What colors do the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine come in?
- What is the price a Cricut EasyPress 2 machine?
- What can you do with the Cricut EasyPress 2?
- How to use the Cricut EasyPress 2?
- What to use with the Cricut EasyPress 2?
- Cricut EasyPress 2 Review
- Cricut EasyPress 2 review FAQ
What is the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine?
The Cricut EasyPress 2 machine is a heat press that allows you to apply iron-on vinyl or heat transfer vinyl (HTV) onto a variety of materials.
The Cricut EasyPress 2 machine came out in 2018 and creates a professional finish on all of your HTV projects.
What are the sizes of the Cricut EasyPress 2 machines?
The Cricut EasyPress 2 machine comes is 3 sizes including 6×7 (discontinued), 9×9 and 12×10. I have the Cricut EasyPress 2 12×10 machine.
What colors do the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine come in?
The colors the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine come in are raspberry, mint, rose, and vanilla pearl.
What is the price a Cricut EasyPress 2 machine?
The price of the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine depends on the size you get. As mentioned before, the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine comes in 3 sizes.
- The Cricut EasyPress 6×7 machine costs about $150 but it goes on sale often (This machine has been discontinued)
- The Cricut EasyPress 9×9 machine costs about $150 but it goes on sale often
- The Cricut EasyPress 12×10 machine costs about $200 but it goes on sale often
What can you do with the Cricut EasyPress 2?
A lot of people use the Cricut EasyPress 2 to make shirts, but you can also use the machine to create a variety of HTV projects including onesies, tote bags, baby bibs and so much more.
How to use the Cricut EasyPress 2?
Quickly, to use the Cricut EasyPress 2, you turn it on, set the temperature and time, and press the HTV onto your material.
In more detail, to use the Cricut EasyPress 2, you need to cut your design using Cricut Design Space. Be sure to mirror your design.
After you have weeded your design, you can use your Cricut EasyPress 2 to apply the design to your material.
You can also buy direct to film or direct to garment designs and use your Cricut EasyPress 2 to apply them to your material. No Design Space or weeding involved.
Check out this Cricut EasyPress temperature guide to see what temperature to set for different materials.
What to use with the Cricut EasyPress 2?
You can use a variety of tools with your Cricut EasyPress 2 and the following tools will help you easily create with your machine:
- Tshirt ruler to help you make sure your design is center and perfect
- Teflon sheet to protect the HTV from directly touching the hot part of the Cricut EasyPress 2
- Parchment paper if you intend to print then cut designs onto printable heat transfer paper/vinyl
- Towel or Cricut EasyPress mat to make sure no moisture is in your material
Cricut EasyPress 2 Review
Now here are my thoughts on the Cricut EasyPress 2:
The pros of a Cricut EasyPress 2 are:
- The easiness to use the machine – The machine is super easy to use and only has a few buttons
- Auto shutoff – The machine automatically shuts off when you haven’t used it in a few minutes
- The professional look of your finished project – The machine gives you the same professional look as if you used a high-end heat press machine
- The Cricut heat guide that informs you of the temperature and time to press materials and different types of HTV – It helps tremendously to have this guide to refer back to – A lot of heat press machines don’t have this
- It’s small and portable and can be easily bagged up and put into a closet. It doesn’t take up a lot of space like a heat press.
The cons of a Cricut EasyPress 2 are:
When creating large projects and constantly applying pressure with your body, it can get tiring
Cricut EasyPress 2 review FAQ
You may still have some additional questions about the Cricut EasyPress 2 so here are your answers:
Does the Cricut EasyPress 2 have Bluetooth?
No, the Cricut EasyPress 2 does not have Bluetooth. You just plug the machine into the wall, turn it on, set the temperature and the time and press your material. However, the Cricut EasyPress 3 does connect to Bluetooth using the Cricut Heat app.
Does the Cricut EasyPress 2 come with USB?
Yes, the Cricut EasyPress 2 has a USB port that you use to update the firmware.
Is the Cricut EasyPress 2 worth the money?
As mentioned above, the Cricut EasyPress 2 does have a variety of pricing models based on the size. You should choose a heat press based on what works best for you.
So yes, the Cricut EasyPress 2 is worth the money if you want a portable machine that’s easy to use and that you use to make smaller quantities of HTV projects. You also get a professional finished look and can use the Cricut heat guide to help you determine the temperature and time to use.
So, I hope you enjoyed this honest review of the Cricut EasyPress 2 machine.
Comment below and let me know what you thought about this Cricut EasyPress 2 review.